Who is a Digital Content Creator?
The Digital Content Creator, or merely Content Creator, is literally the multimedia content creator. Content may vary depending on the objective to be attained, may be educational content, awareness, information, presentation of products and services, or simply entertainment. Moreover, the formats may also be multiple, such as videos, photos, blog posts, which vary depending on the platform for which the content is produced.
To use the words of Manuele Malloru, Emalloru on the web, one of the best Italian producers of video-content on YouTube, "Being a Content Creator means being able to put together different professions aimed at creating an audio-visual product impacting an online audience". The Content Creator profession therefore includes:
- content writers, such as bloggers or copywriters;
- who produces videos for youtuber, Twitch, Tik Tok, or video editor;
- the professionals of Instagram, Twitter or other social media such as Snapchat;
- who manages the contents of pages and groups Facebook or LinkedIn, or for websites;
- podcasters or audio editors.
The content must follow a specific project: the Content Creator must build a project and a communication strategy in line with the objectives and never lose sight of the target, that is in fact the recipients of the content. The Content Creator then deals with all the phases of the design and creation of content appealing to companies or brands, so as to present them in the most valid and relevant form.
The figure of the Digital Content Creator is in great demand by companies and brands, but increasingly they work as freelancers
What are the skills of a Digital Content Creator?
Digital Content Creator's competencies range from basic technical and computer skills to communication, writing and engagement skills.
The first skill that a Digital Content Creator must have is undoubtedly creativity: having the ability to find new ideas or solutions, combining the elements available to create something new or unexpected or to modify the existing improving it. It is through creativity that ideas and concepts are transformed into content that can be used for the web. It is also essential to know how to experiment: to be able to reinvent and move between platforms in search of the one that best suits the needs.
This profession also implies the need for technical skills, in particular a Content Creator must:
- be autonomous in the editing of contents, must therefore know how to use video editing programs, such as Premiere, and know how to use photo editing programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign.
- Know in depth the various channels and social platform, so as to choose the most suitable format and type of content depending on the platform used.
- Have at least a basic knowledge of SEO operation: the Content Creator creates content that is appealing not only to its audience, but also to search engines and for this reason knowing and using SEO tools becomes fundamental.
- Be able to monitor the level of engagement of your content and be ready to edit and update it if necessary. To do this are useful basic knowledge of the operation of the main KPIs.
- Know the most used tools for creating sites and the unique strengths, so as to build and get attractive, engaging and effective web pages.
- Essential for a good professional is the ability to tell the story of a product or a brand through effective storytelling.
Who are the most known Digital Content Creators in Italy?
One of the most famous faces of the Italian web is undoubtedly Camilla Boniardi, known as Camihawke. Her journey on the net starts from Snapchat, to then populate on Facebook and Instagram thanks to his funny videos that tell in a simple and often ironic situations of everyday life. Today his Instagram account has over 1.3 million followers.
It is impossible not to mention Khaby Lame who in the spring of 2020 began to publish on TikTok video reactions to viral videos of other users, having a huge success. His specialty is responding to video nonsense that invent bizarre solutions to problems and situations showing the simplest and most obvious solution. In recent months it has gained more than 120 million followers on TikTok and more than 60 million followers on Instagram.
Sabrina Cereseto, aka LaSabriGamer, is one of the most famous creator popular on YouTube due to her videos and gameplay, which makes it very interesting not only for the game that transmits but also for the life advice it gives during the games. Its first boom on the Youtube platform took place in 2014 receiving about 400,000 views, and today has about 2.19 million subscribers to the channel.
E-Business Consulting is a marketing agency active since 2003 specializing in digital communication activities. Call us now for a free quote.