The numbers of eCommerce Forum
Over 175 in-depth workshops focused on emerging digital trends, 3 plenary conferences, 8 innovation roundtables, over 250 sponsoring and exhibiting companies and more than 340 speakers.
These are the numbers that tell the success of the seventeenth edition of Netcomm eCommerce Forum 2022, back in attendance on 3 and 4 May, after two entirely digital editions, at the MiCo in Milan.
But let's see in more detail what emerged from the most anticipated eCommerce event of the year.
Trends eCommerce Forum
The point of the situation was made by NetRetail, the Human Highway research dedicated to deepening the role of the remote purchasing network, on the scenario of omnichannel commerce:
• In 2022, online purchases by Italians will increase by 14% compared to 2021 and will reach 45.9 billion euros. Specifically, 34 billion will go to products, confirming the signs of recovery that had already emerged from last year.
• The online penetration of total retail purchases is 11%. Mobile is the preferred device for shopping: in 2022, 55% of the eCommerce value passes through this channel.
Valentina Pontiggia, Director of B2C eCommerce Observatories and Digital Innovation in Retail, also confirmed these numbers specify how the "physical only" and "online only" retail space be reduced more and more to the advantage of omnichannel models that know how to combine the strengths of both. In products, it emerged that the more mature sectors have slowed down their growth path (clothing, IT, electronics, publishing), while the Food&Grocery sector is confirmed as the most dynamic sector in 2022.
In services, after the collapse linked to the mobility limitation measures of the last two years, there is a return to growth thanks above all to the resumption of tourist travel (towards closer destinations, however) and the return in the presence of events.
Finally, the scenarios on which to pay particular attention for the future of eCommerce are:
- The technology in evolution (social Commerce, metaverse, live streaming shopping,…).
- The new sales and consumption models (quick commerce, second hand market, ...)
- The issues related to sustainability and social changes underway (smartworking, digital education, ...).
E-Business Consulting at the eCommerce Forum
The start of the event was preceded the night before by an opening party in a unique location: the Spirit de Milan.
During the fair, we of the E-Business Consulting agency, attended both days as exhibitors at stand 1 A-14.
Here we had the opportunity to listen to various interventions, meet new companies and stimulating realities around the eCommerce world.
Thanks to Netcomm it was possible to offer visitors personalized advice but also advice on how to best manage customers, apply lead generation and sweepstake in eCommerce projects.
Proud to have been part of this event finally back in attendance, we look forward to seeing you for the next edition!
E-Business Consulting, a digital marketing agency active since 2003, deals with marketing and communication at 360 °. Contact us to build a customized eCommerce project for your business! What are you waiting for? Request a free quote now!